The Department of Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Surgery at RMI is the first department of its kind in the province leading the way in performing state of the art cardiac surgeries. Our surgeons perform more than 1000 surgeries annually. The foundation of the department is heart surgeon Prof. Dr. Muhammad Rehman’s legacy of innovation.
We are proud to be the pioneer of establishing cardiovascular & thoracic surgery service that is at par with international standard and continue to invest in research and development to further improve and inculcate the latest practices and technology to help further patient care.
- The department of Cardiothoracic Surgery operates the thoracic (chest) organs.
- The heart
- Arteries and veins and other organs in the chest
- Coronary artery surgery
- Valvular heart surgery
- Congenital cardiac surgery
- Aortic surgery
- Minimally invasive aortic surgery (EVAR, TEVAR)
- Thoracic surgery
- Hybrid vascular surgery
- Emergency cardio-thoracic and vascular surgery
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Cardiothoracic and vascular oncology surgery
- Cardiothoracic and vascular intensive care unit
- Cardiothoracic and vascular anesthetists
- One of the highest volume centers in the country
- First EVAR of the province
- First TEVAR of the province
- Hybrid vascular procedures
- First cardio-thoracic and vascular surgery department of the province
- Established the Association of Khyber Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons