OPERATION THEATRES (OT’s)
Currently, at Rehman Medical Institute there are 14 functional theatres plus 02 minor OT’s in RMI Specialty Hospital and the General Hospital.
One OT is dedicated for cardiac surgeries, one for Gynae and Obstetrics Surgeries, and one for other departments such as ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Urology etc. These Operation Theatres have an experienced team of consultants, resident Anaesthetists, and resident Surgeons, Pharmacists, Nurses, OT Technicians, and a well-trained Sterilization department.
Operation Theatres are equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment required for Open Heart surgery and all other complex surgeries which includes:
- Computerized Anaesthesia machines/ ventilators which can be used for neonates' infants & adults
- Automatic Tables for surgical procedures with HANAULUX lights
- Monitors which display IBP, NIBP, temperature, pulse, CVP and full biodata of the patient all simultaneously
- Heart-lung machine with blanket roll machine
- Central Medical Gases supply and backup cylinders
- Defibrillators with paediatric and adult internal and external pedals
- Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator (CUSA) machine for Neurosurgery
- Modern digital microscope equipment for ENT, Eye and Neurosurgery
- Modern C-arm machine for orthopaedic surgeries
The OTs are also equipped with the latest Laparoscopy and Endoscope equipment.