Endoscopy is the visual inspection of the interior of the gut through the use of an endoscope. A small caliber tube containing fibers or video optics is inserted through the mouth allowing the endoscopist to view the Upper and Lower Gastro intestinal tract.
RMI is introducing a video endoscopic recording system where the patient will be given a recorded video of the examination carried out.
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy Procedures at RMI:
- OGD (Oesophago-gastro- duodenoscopy)
- Colonoscopy (Examination of large Gut)
- ERCP (Endoscopic- retrograde-pancreato-graphy)
- Simple examination
- Removal of a tissue sample for biopsy
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Removal of a polyp (polypectomy)
- Stopping bleeding from varices, Gastric and duodenal ulcers.(sclero-therapy and banding)
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Removal of stones from CBD
- Putting stents in CBD, CPD, esophagus and duodenum
- Dilatation of strictures in upper and lower gastrointestinal