Who We Are?
Rehman Medical Institute (RMI) commenced its operations in February 2002. It has come a long way in just a few years of its operations. The Institute has grown tremendously in the facilities it has to offer and can now boast to be one of the best-equipped hospitals in the region.
Rehman Medical Institute has revolutionized the concept of medical care in the KP Hayatabad, Peshawar. The 500+ bedded centrally air-conditioned building is a state of the art tertiary care medical facility providing preventive, curative and rehabilitative services to the people of Pakistan and Afghanistan. The people of Peshawar, its surrounding areas and Afghanistan, for the first time ever, have access to quality medical and healthcare facilities of international standards.
In less than 20 years, RMI has emerged as a premier health care institute of the province. Rehman Medical Institute with its highly qualified health professionals and specialized consultants provides a wide array of Medical, Surgical and Diagnostic services to its clientele.
- Paediatrics & Neonatology
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- General Medicine
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardio-Vascular Surgery
- Gynaecology /Obstetrics
- Centre for Reproductive Medicine
- Paediatric surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Neuro & Spine Surgery
- General Surgery
- Kidney Transplantation
- Radiology & imaging
- Haematology Daycare
- Cardiology Echo, ECG, ETT, Holter monitoring etc.
We offer quality support services to patients for providing ease during their indoor treatments and hospital visits. Patients can request to access their digitalized health records, laboratory diagnostic reports and confirmation of consultant appointments through SMS.
Recently, we have launched Home Health Services to provide rehabilitation services at the doorstep of the patients.
- Rehman Medical Institute is 550 bedded teaching hospital with all Specialties, General, Surgical and Dental facilities.
- It has state of the art diagnostic and research facilities including Interventional Radiology and Genetic Centre.
- It has two main divisions i.e. RMI Specialist Hospital and RMI General Hospital connected through an underpass. The Dental Teaching Hospital will also be operational soon.
- We offer graduate programs through four divisions and professional colleges.
- Six more graduate programs are expected to start in the next academic intake.
- Currently, we have more than 1,000 students enrolled on the campus. We foresee the student population increasing significantly up to 2000 in the next two academic years, due to the addition of more professional colleges and programs.