The department of Pulmonology at RMI is well equipped with almost every facility necessary for respiratory disorders. Inpatient and outpatient services are available including diagnostic evaluation, clinical management and treatment with its own dedicated ICU and faculty. The department offers inhouse diagnostic as well as clinical and surgical management. The department of Interventional Radiology works closely with the Department of Pulmonology for modern diagnostic procedures.
We deal patients above 12 years of age in OPD and Ward
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Pleural fluid aspiration
- Pleural Biopsy
- Tube thoracotomy
- Bronchoscopy and biopsy
- Thoracoscopy and pleural biopsy
- Pleural desis
- Covid-19 isolation ward with attached HDU and ICU.
- Sleep study
- Allergy and Immunotherapy (no age restriction)
- Pulmonary function test
Conditions we treat
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Tuberculosis TB
- Pleural Effusion
- Lung Malignancies
- Rheumatoid lung disease. 12
- Occupational lung disease
- Farmer’s lung
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
RMI’s Department of Pulmonology is recognised by College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
(CPSP) for MCPS and FCPS training.