The gastroenterology department at RMI is the only private sector unit recognized for specialist training in the field of gastroenterology. Where highly qualifies expert help diagnose and treat upper Gastro-Intestinal (GI) diseases, small & large bowel diseases, liver, bile duct & pancreatic (HBP) disorders and viral hepatitis. The department holds weekly board meetings which help provide best possible advice for patient with cancer and complex Gastro-Intestinal and Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Diseases.
- The gastroenterology department has a 36 bedded GI unit with 6 bedded HDU unit to cater for GI emergencies.
- It also has a dedicated endoscopy unit equipped with state of art equipment including Pentax I-scan, automated sterilizer (AER 200) and scope storage facilities.
- RMI is the only institute in KP, both in public and private sector, to provide the Fibro scan facility.
- Fluoroscopy facilities for diagnosing and managing GI diseases and performing ERCP are also available.
- There is an Interventional Radiology unit for diagnosing complex GI procedures.
Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic MDT Core Team:
- Dr. Muhammad Naveed Anwar (Consultant Gastroenterologist)
- Dr. Aman Nawaz (Consultant Interventional Radiologist)
- Dr. Shahjehan (Consultant Radiologist)
General Gastroenterology Team:
- Dr. Muhammad Naveed Anwar (Team Lead)
- Dr. Asif Imran Registrar
- Dr. Qurat Ul Ain (Senior MO)
- Dr. Mahnoor (MO)
- Dr. Khoobro (MO)
- Dr. Nadeem (MO)