Winter plays havoc with one’s skin barrier, making it dry, flaky and irritated at all times. The experts at RMI have gathered a few tips for you to combat the dryness winter brings and help keep your skin feeling moist with some easy changes to your everyday skincare routine. Say goodbye to your dry and crusty skin!
- Rinse your face with plain water in the morning.
- For extra hydration, smear 2-3 drops of hyaluronic acid onto your damp skin. Afterwards, apply fragrance-free moisturizer.
- Always apply sunblock on exposed skin approximately 15 minutes before going out.
- Double cleanse to remove the product/sunblock build-up before going to bed. Use micellar water or a cleansing balm before washing your face with a face wash/cleanser to remove makeup, SPF, dust or sweat on the skin.
- Always opt for mild cleansers that do not make your skin feel squeaky clean, tight and dry as it will lead to fine lines, wrinkles and premature skin ageing.
- Avoid taking long hot baths as it depletes natural oils from the skin surface, leading to itchy and dry skin.
- Immediately moisturize your body with a lotion loaded with ceramides to lock in the moisture.
- Install a humidifier in your room to avoid dry, irritated skin and chapped lips. Humidifiers put moisture back into the air to keep skin moisturized.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day to helps prevent clogged pores, access sebum and acne.
The Dermatology Department at RMI consists of well-renowned Dermatologists of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and has facilities at-par with international standards. The combination of advanced technology and expertise yield exceptional results at RMI.
For more details, visits: https://rmi.edu.pk/departments/dermatology