Family medicine is a specialty that focuses on the comprehensive healthcare of people of all ages, from newborns to the elderly. Family physicians are qualified to diagnose and treat most diseases, and they provide preventive care and counseling to help patients stay healthy.
The Family Medicine Department at RMI was established in March 2014. It has two main purposes:
Teaching: The department provides undergraduate teaching to all professional students, including college teaching and hospital-based rotations (both rural and urban).
Clinical care: The department has a screening clinic for the general population and panel clients. The clinic offers screening packages that are designed as per international guidelines and are age- and gender-specific.
In addition to these clinical services, the Family Medicine Department also provides 100 hours of undergraduate teaching in the Rehman Medical College and Rehman Medical Institute (hospital rotations).
1. Caring for patients regardless of age and health condition
2. Understanding community level factors and social determinants of health
3. Serving as a patient’s first contact for health issues
4. Considering the impact of a patient’s health on family
5. Providing best possible care to patient with regular coordination and follow-ups
1. Trained and experienced Family physician, doctors and staff
2. Limited appointments (up to 03 patients daily)
3. Patient centered holistic approach
4. Services delivered with protocol and on priority, no queue time for investigations
5. Multiple consultations by the family physician.
6. Team approach with the involvement of Eye Specialists, Radiologists, pathologists and dieticians.
7. Immediate/urgent appointment with other consultants if needed.
1. Health screening/ Executive Health Checkups
2. Counselling services for risks of any treatment or therapy
3. Pre-Admission checkup of students
4. Medical checkups of students
5. Pre-Employment and annual medical checkup