Endocrinology and Diabetes
Endocrinology is an evolving medical subspecialty.
Endocrinology is the study of glands that secrete hormones - such as thyroid hormone, growth hormone, and insulin - which affect the actions of different organ systems in the body. Endocrinologists deal with metabolism, or all the biochemical processes that make the body function properly. It also includes how our bodies convert food into energy.
The Endocrinology and Diabetes Center at Rehman Medical Institute (RMI) is the region's epicenter for diabetes and endocrinology patients' treatment. Our multidisciplinary team of doctors provides an unmatched level of expertise and is specially trained to diagnose and treat hormonal disorders of all ages and genders and engage with patients to manage complex diabetes and endocrine disorders.
The endocrinology and diabetes center at RMI cares for a variety of endocrine-related diseases, including but not limited to diabetes, thyroid disorders, thyroid cancer, pituitary diseases, adrenal disorders, osteoporosis, and hormone replacement therapy in both cancer and non-cancer patients.
We are also supported by comprehensive diagnostic services including:
- Radiology Department
- Pathology Lab
1. Programmed investigations for complex endocrine disorders
2. Pre and post-operative care and management of diabetic patients
3. Management of diabetes and endocrine emergencies such as ketoacidosis and hypercalcemia
4. Management of diabetes and endocrine conditions during pregnancy
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 & Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1
- Gestational Diabetes (GDM)
- Lipid Disorder
- Thyroid Disorders
- Pituitary Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders
- Disorders of sex determination
- Pediatric endocrinology (short stature, delayed and precocious puberty)
- Reproductive endocrinology (infertility, PCOS, male and female hypogonadism, premature gonadal failure)
- Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism (parathyroid disorders)