Cardiology is the medical specialisation and a branch of internal medicine that deals with the study of diseases and disorders of the heart. Cardiology specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of heart conditions such as heart failure, electrophysiology, coronary and valvular heart diseases.
Since its establishment, RMI Cardiology department has been providing comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with cardiovascular diseases with a team of well known, experienced cardiologists under the supervision of which a well-equipped, organized cardiology unit was formed. With passage of time, the unit has been improved and upgraded to become the largest private sector center of cardiology in the province. Today, RMI cardiology is proud to announce to be the first and the only center offering the facility of primary PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) round the clock in the whole of KPK.
- Prof. Dr. Miqdad Ali Khan - Head of Department and Consultant
- Dr. Karamat Ali Shah – Consultant and Professor
- Dr. Waheed Sahibzada – Consultant and Professor
- Prof. Dr. Momin Salahuddin – Consultant and Professor
- Dr. Momin Khan Afridi – Consultant and Assistant Professor
- Dr. Mazhar Mehmood – Associate Professor
- Dr. Afrasyab Altaf – Associate Professor
- Dr. Shah Khalid Mubarak - Asst. Prof. and Consultant Cardiologist
- Dr. Ijaz Hussain – Peads Cardiology
- Dr. Arshad Sohail - Peads Cardiologist
RMI Catherization Laboratory
The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory offers
• State-of-the-art services for Diagnostic Angiography
• Non-invasive diagnostic services, which include technologist-based Transthoracic Echocardiography, Exercise Tolerance Testing (ETT), Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, Blood Pressure and ECG (Holter) Monitoring.
• Right and left Heart Catheterization
• Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
• Implantation of temporary and permanent cardiac pacemakers
• Balloon angioplasty with stent placement for coronary diseases.
Apart from providing these, we also use latest technologies like Rotablation
Diagnostic and surgical procedures offered at the department of Cardiology in RMI are following.
- Catheterization Lab
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)
- Holter Monitor
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
The Department consist of well-equipped sixteen-bed Coronary Care Unit (CCU) for patients requiring intensive care and a 35-bed ward for observation of patients.
A 24-Hour Ambulatory Service is also available for emergencies.
All cardiology outpatient clinics are in one area, where cardiologists are available throughout from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
9 am to 1 pm Saturday.
RMI also offers College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP) approved cardiology fellowship program ensuring a steady production of professionally trained cardiac specialists. Moreover, all arrangements and plans are available for training of undergraduate students as well.