Since its establishment, RMI Cardiology department has been providing comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with cardiovascular diseases with a team of well known, experienced cardiologists under the supervision of which a well-equipped, organized cardiology unit was formed. With passage of time, the unit has been improved and upgraded to become the largest private sector center of cardiology in the province. Today, RMI cardiology is proud to announce to be the first and the only center offering the facility of primary PCI round the clock in the whole of KPK.
The Department consist of well-equipped sixteen-bed Coronary Care Unit (CCU) for patients requiring intensive care and a 35 bedded ward for observation of patients.
All cardiology outpatient clinics are in one area, where cardiologists are available throughout from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday.
A 24-Hour Ambulatory Service is also available for emergencies.
RMI Catherization Laboratory:
The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory offers:
- State-of-the-art services for Diagnostic Angiography
- Non-invasive diagnostic services, which include technologist-based Transthoracic Echocardiography, Exercise Tolerance Testing (ETT), Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, Blood Pressure and ECG (Holter) Monitoring.
- Right and left Heart Catheterization
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
- Implantation of temporary and permanent cardiac pacemakers
- Balloon angioplasty with stent placement for coronary diseases.
- Apart from providing these, we also use latest technologies like Rotablation.
Cardiology team comprising of expert consultant, well trained junior doctors, skilled Cath lab staff and echo cardiologist is available to handle any kind of emergency at any hour. Our team of honorable experts of cardiology department have:
- Professor Dr. Miqdad Ali Khan (Head of Department)
- Professor Dr. Karamat Ali Shah
- Professor Dr. Waheed Sahibzada
- Professor Dr. Momin Salahuddin
- Dr. Momin Khan Afridi
- Dr. Mazhar Mehmood
- Dr. Afrasyab Altaf
- Dr. Shah Khalid Mubarak
RMI also offers College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP) approved cardiology fellowship program ensuring a steady production of professionally trained cardiac specialists. Moreover, all arrangements and plans are available for training of undergraduate students as well.