Welcome to Clinical Trials Unit
Rehman Clinical Trials Unit
RMI has established the Clinical Trials Unit with the goal to streamline, govern and promote clinical trials activities. CTU’s aim is to develop a centre of excellence dedicated to advancing research at RMI following the ICH-GCP guidelines. Our research endeavours include industry and investigator-sponsored Phase III and Phase IV trials, with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) compliance endorsed by the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) and international regulators as required.
To improve health outcomes in our population by promoting high-quality clinical research to generate reliable evidence and innovative solutions, increase clinical research capacity in the regions through trainings that will produce next generation of clinical researchers.
To deliver excellence in the design, conduct and dissemination of clinical trials that have a high impact on the health outcomes of our patients, with integrity and respect.
Research Facilities & Capabilities
- Dedicated reception area to receive research participants with private space for informed consent
- Dedicated phlebotomy and sample collection room
- Dedicated Assessment room
- Dedicated IMP administration and observation room
- Research records and document storage area
- Lock protected storage cabinets for documents pertaining to clinical trial and study staff.
- Restricted access to authorized personnel only
- Access to medical records through HIPAA compliant EMR
- Secure, designated IMP storage cabinets and refrigerators with locks and restricted access
- GCP certified research pharmacist for IMP handling
- Temperature and humidity-controlled facility with calibrated thermometers, hygrometers and data logger to ensure cold-chain maintenance
- Sterile admixture and compounding area (USP 797 compliant)
Associate Director Clinical Research
Phone: 091 5838 000 (Ext 1582)