Ear, Nose and Throat
Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) Head and Neck surgery is a medical specialty that deals with the treatment of diseases and disorders of Ear, Nose, Throat and Neck. This medical specialisation caters to the care of smell, taste, balance and hearing sense.
The ENT department at RMI provides a variety of services for the treatment of diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat including hearing and balance, swallowing and speech, breathing and sleep issues, allergies and sinuses, facial plastic surgery and head and neck cancers. Experts in otolaryngology at the Rehman Medical Institute are highly experienced in diagnosing and treating ENT disorders through medical and surgical management.
Dr. Aziz Khan Dawar – Head of Department
Dr. Ihsan Ullah – Associate Professor
Dr. Saqib Aziz - Registrar
Audiometry/ Audiology Centre
Audiology center at RMI is established to improve the quality of life for the deaf and hard hearing people. Audiology center will provide hearing health care services to the individuals of all ages and abilities.
RMI offering Audiometry test 1st time in Hayatabad Peshawar in soundproof and peaceful environment. Audiometry is the testing of a person’s ability to hear various sound frequencies. The test is performed with the use of electronic equipment called an audiometer.
Audiometry testing is used to identify and diagnose hearing loss. It is used to diagnose hearing problems in children, adults, and the elderly.
Following are the services offered at RMI Audiology Centre
Pure Tone Audiometry
General Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
RMI holds state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit (ICU) that offer facilities for mechanical ventilation and invasive monitoring. Intensive care is provided to critical patients by a team of fully qualified staff consisting of respiratory technicians, ICU nurses, and critical care physicians.
General Operation Theatre
At the RMI General OT a range of ear, nose and throat instruments for ENT doctors are available for otolaryngology surgery. The ENT instruments are designed for dealing with the complicated structures of ear, nose and throat.
Minor Operation Theatre (OT)
Minor operation Theatre is exclusively dedicated for minor/ small surgeries which are done for small wounds, cuts, fractures or burns.
The otolaryngologist at RMI are well trained in performing following procedures of:
- Myringotomy and grommet insertions
- Congenital ear anomalies surgeries
- Ear microscope is available in OPD for diagnostics. Ear diseases can be displayed to the patient in real time with the help of Otoscope.
- Basic audiometric facility (pure tone audiogram & tympanogram) available with best possible soundproofing of the testing environment.
- Turbinate reductions by conventional turbinectomy and turbinoplasty.
- Nasal Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
- Foreign body removal
- Tumor surgery particularly nasopharyngeal angiofibroma.
- Adenoidectomy (Pharynx)
- Biopsies of tumors
- Excision of tumors (palatal +Tongue)
- Uvulo-palato-pharyngo-plasty (UPPP) for snoring
- Endo laryngeal surgery.
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Additionally, a flexible laryngoscope is available in clinics for diagnosing disorders of Pharynx, larynx and hypopharynx.
- Neck dissection
- Submandibular gland stone and tumor excision
- For sinusitis, Polyposis, Fungal infection
- CSF rhinorrhea repair
- Endoscopic DCR
- Endoscopic Orbital Decompression