Authority: The library shall be under the control of the Principal RMC for day to day management.
Objective: To provide prompt services to all faculty, consultants, students and staff of RMI and their allied institutions.
Scope: To provide the better study environment & up to date material and information.
General Rules for All
The library remains open during working days.
- All faculty, students & staff should fill the library membership form.
- Every member should show his/her card to prove identification at circulation counter.
- Issued books should be returned by those library members, who should go on any long vacations.
- Submit any book for inspection, when requested by the circulation counter staff.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be responsible for any damage and replacement. In case, a book is lost or damaged by any member, the same will be replaced with a new one or a fine equivalent to the cost of the book (market rate) will be charged.
- If any member mislays a book and unable to find it after a thorough search, the same will be replaced with a new one or a fine equivalent to the cost of the book (market rate) will be charged.
- Please, do not reshelf the books.
- Reference books, newspapers and periodicals, audio-visual material can only be used in the library.
- Librarian can withdraw any book if required for specific purpose. i.e. for yearly stock taking etc.
- All books and other materials available in library should be used with care, because the replacement is very difficult due to high cost.
- Members are advised to make use of photocopies service instead of mutilating the books & other material.
- Computers are provided in library IT lab for CD/ DVDs use. No student is allowed to use his / her own CDs or flash drives without the permission of computer lab incharge.
- Group study and discussion is allowed only in the designated room.
- Leave your personal belongings such as books, folders, handbags, briefcases, etc. outside the library entrance.
- Complete silence should be observed except brief talk with the library staff at the circulation desk.
Textbooks & Lending Rules for Students
- Every student will arrange him/herself all the prescribed textbooks.
- Students can borrow two books for a period of 14 days. If the date of return takes place on a holiday, you may return books on next working day.
- A book can be re-issued twice, if any other student does not require the same.
- If a student leaves the college without returning the book(s), a fine equivalent of the original cost of book(s) will be deducted from his/her admission fee security and book(s) will be written off from library ledger/ record.
Lending Rules for Faculty Members /Staff
- Professors, Associate & Assistant Professors can borrow 05 books for 180 days.
- Senior Lecturers & Registrars, Lecturers, Registrars, Demonstrators, MOs & TMOs can borrow 02 books for a period of 180 days.
- Staff can borrow 01 book for a period of 180 days.
- A book can be re-issued twice, if any other faculty/ staff member does not require the same.
- All faculty members & students are advised to avoid discussion/ loud voice on any matter, political or friendly in the library because of silent environment for readers.
- Library member having any grievance or complaint will bring the matter to the notice of Librarian. False complaints are liable to the considered as offense and dealt with accordingly.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in library.
- Drinks & eatables are not allowed in the library.
- Mobile phone conversation is strictly prohibited.
- Mutilation of the library material & any violation of these rules will have serious disciplinary action.
- Dress code will be observed.
- Children less than 10 years of age will not be allowed to enter the Library premises.
Return of Library Material
Following rules will apply:-
- Borrowers may be informed to return the books if required for some special purpose i.e. stock taking. Such recalled items must be returned as soon as possible, irrespective of the due date.
- All borrowed books will be returned within the stipulated period. Reminders will be issued to those borrowers, who will not return the books within the prescribed period.
- Fine will be charged from students against all the books, returned after the due date. While returning the books, members will ensure that entries are completed by the library staff in their presence.
Damage/Loss of Library Material
- Loss of any items must be reported to library staff at once; users will be considered personally responsible and all costs associated with replacing lost or damaged items will be charged to the borrower.
Loss/damage will involve payment as given below
- Latest market rates in case of books available in the market.
- Cost of book in case of old books and foreign publications not available in Pakistan.
- Cost of the complete set will be charged in case the book is part of a set containing more than one volume.
- Library is working with the specific aim to provide the students and faculty with state of the art Library. Following facilities are available for members.
- Library has extensive collection on health sciences including general subjects.
Material on CDs/DVDs (e-library)
- Library has broad collection of CDs/ DVDs for use of library members within the library.
- Library has subscribed print medical journals and access to digital databases. Back issues of the medical journals are also available in the library.
- Library has subscribed national newspapers for users & press clippings.