The laparoscope has radically changed the old order of open surgery to a new era of key-hole surgery. A laparoscope is a narrow tube that can be inserted into the abdominal cavity through a short incision and can be connected to a video monitor. highly trained and skilled surgeons are able to perform surgical procedures that previously required long incisions and prolonged periods of recovery.
The main advantages of laparoscopic surgery are:
- Minimal hospital stay
- Small incision
- No blood loss
- Negligible scar
The following advanced laparoscopic procedures are performed at RMI:
- Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder
- Laparoscopic removal of the appendix
- Laparoscopic gastro esophageal reflux procedures
- Laparoscopic removal of the spleen
- Laparoscopic division of adhesions
- Laparoscopic excision of various abdominal tumors
- Laparoscopic adjustable silicone gastric banding
- Laparoscopic repair of inguinal and ventral hernias
RMIis committed to provide latest surgical techniques available to patients in order to improve their outcomes and their overall surgical experiences.