RMI has its own Security Management team comprising of highly trained security guards managed by Security Supervisors, who report to the Manager Security system and Protocol. Efforts have been made to ensure fool-proof security at the premises of RMI. The main functions performed by the security department are:
- To guard against sabotage.
- Ensure physical security of the premises, patients, visitors and staff.
- Discourage rowdyism, harassment and interference with smooth functioning of the institute.
- Traffic Control.
- Visitors Control.
- Liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Electronic and physical surveillance of the premises.
- Security training.
- Control and evacuation in the event of fire or other emergencies.
Although round the clock vigilance is maintained to better protect the RMI premises and persons present there, it is also made sure that these procedures do not cause any hindrance to the people visiting the RMI, and for that purpose the Security Guards are trained to be polite and well-mannered.
To further avoid any sabotage activities, the RMI premises are covered by Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras, which are continuously being monitored and recorded.Any suspicious activity is promptly dealt with. Fire Alarms and Smoke Detectors are also installed in various areas of the hospital, and Fire fighting equipment is placed at all strategic points.